Ooh, it’s the Snatch Game! This year, the queens took a note from Jinkx Monsoon (Seattle queens rule) and were prepared for the game. And my oh my, it was the tightest snatch ever.
While we are seeing some interesting and predictable shifts after this episode, we don’t see the dramatic changes that happened after episode 4. I wonder if there will be a plateau in their twitter followers after the next few episodes.
Bianca del Rio, who captivated the audience with her Judge Judy, continues to gather more fans than the other queens, measured by the sheer number of followers gained (3,700) as well as the percent increase in followers (20%). While her popularity continues to burgeon, she has not yet surpassed established Idols Courtney Act and Adore Delano, in 1st and 2nd place, respectively. I predict that Bianca del Rio will be in 2nd place after episode 6, since she only lags behind Adore by 400 followers.
Dreamboat BenDeLaCreme, the winner of the Snatch Game (#TemeCreme!) has moved from 5th to 4th place, now leading Milk by about 200 followers. Team Half & Half are neck & neck. BTW, I’m biased and I am not ashamed to say it. If this were your Christmas tradition every year you would be rooting for DeLa, too.
Joslyn Fox (Hello, Miss Congeniality) continues to make an impression on the RPDR audience and has jumped from 12th place to 10th place. She only has 6,271 followers compared to Courtney’s 26,200, but she has doubled her followers since episode 2. Joslyn Fox reminds me of my high school friend Piper-Lori Parker, who pretended she was dumb but you slowly discovered she was the smartest person in the room and finally realized you were the one making an a$$ of yourself. #cumin #whoreses
Trinity K. Bonet was in last place after episode 2, but surpassed Magnolia Crawford in episode 3. While she is still in 13th place she increased her followers by 14%, likely due to revealing her HIV status. I hope Trinity sticks around long enough for us to get to know her. I kinda want to give her a big hug. (While we’re at it, no one in Seattle knows this Magnolia Crawford character. I think she’s from Renton or something.)
G-G-G-Gia, this week’s eliminated queen, did not get the spike in followers that April Carrion received when she was eliminated. Gia’s followers increased by 10%, compared to April’s 26% increase after episode 4.
And now, the numbers…
Total Followers (as of 3/27/14)
- Courtney Act (26,200) and Adore Delano (19,000) still lead with the highest number of followers.
- Bianca del Rio (18,600) is so close behind Adore that she can tug on the back of her wig. I predict that she will pass Adore and hold 2nd place next week.
- BenDeLaCreme (13,500) has moved from 5th place to 4th place, beating Milk (13,100) by a slim margin.
- Joslyn Fox (6,271) has moved from 12th place to 10th place. Kelly Mantle moved from 10th place to 12th place.
Increase in Followers (#)
- Bianca del Rio (3,700 increase) continues to gain the most followers each episode.
- Adore Delano (2,400 increase) is in 2nd place, with BenDeLaCreme (2,300) close behind.
- Courtney Act (2,000) keeps on keepin’ on.
- Joslyn Fox (990) did not gain as many followers as she did in episode 4 (1,457), but she is in 6th place for the increase in followers.
Increase in Followers (%)
- Bianca del Rio saw a 20% increase in followers, followed by BenDeLaCreme (17%) and Joslyn Fox (16%).
- Trinity Bonet increased followers by 14%, and Adore Delano increased by 13%.
- Unlike April Carrion, who saw a 26% increase in followers after her elimination, Gia Gunn only gained 10% new followers.