The rankings are unchanged after this week’s episode. Bianca is in the lead. Adore is highly popular and close behind. People don’t care that much about Courtney and Darienne.
This episode continues the story of Bianca and Adore, and I suspect it was edited to make Adore look like a viable contender for the crown. Everybody knows that Bianca is going to win, so they need to give it a sense of competition. It worked. Bianca and Adore each gained more than 6,000 followers. The fans are making their lack of enthusiasm for Courtney loud and clear. Although she is highly talented, nobody is very interested.
RuPaul’s Hashtag Race
I used RiteTag to find out how many tweets per hour the top 3 queens are receiving. The story of hashtags is consistent with the story of the number of fans. #teambianca appears more frequently (139.04 per hour) than #teamadore (128.80 per hour) and #teamcourtney (10.31).
Many queens get an elimination spike. This episode’s edits were a lot nicer to Darienne (She was kicked out of her home, Courtney thought she did the best in the challenges, etc.). It didn’t make a difference. Darienne’s best episodes were in the beginning. She saw a 6% increase in followers this episode, which is par for the course. Her biggest spike was after Shade: The Rusical (15%).
Logo TV launched the voting process for Miss Congeniality right after DeLa’s elimination. (Hmmm…) DeLa and Joslyn are all still gaining a hearty number of followers. My gut says that DeLa will get Miss Congeniality since a) people were pissed off about her elimination and b) she has the 4th highest number of fans. Joslyn has campaigned fairly heavily for the title. I wish both of them could win!
And Now, The Numbers…
- Rankings remain unchanged. Darienne is the 7th most popular queen, behind BenDeLaCreme, Milk, and Joslyn.
- April Carrion and Gia Gunn have the same number of Twitter followers.
- Bianca is in the lead with 50,200 followers
- Adore Delano is in second place with 45,700 followers. I can no longer blame her American Idol advantage. She has gained 33,000 followers over the course of the show.
- Courtney Act has 38,700 followers
Increase in Followers
- Bianca del Rio gained 6,900 new followers, and Adore Delano gained 6,500 new followers. No other queen can compare to these two.
Relative Increase in Followers
- Adore Delano shined in this episode. She gained the highest relative number of followers (17%).
- Bianca del Rio gained 16% new followers.
- BenDeLaCreme and Joslyn Fox (arguably the top contenders for Miss Congeniality) each gained 9% new followers.
- Courtney Act gained 7% new followers.