Here we are, the night before the crowning. I have been predicting that Bianca del Rio would take the crown since episode 3. I still agree with that prediction. However, I was convinced that Joslyn Fox would win Miss Congeniality since episode 5. While I think she deserves it and has campaigned well for the title, I predict that BenDeLaCreme will get Miss Congeniality since she has almost twice as many Twitter followers (28,000) as Joslyn (15,100), has been in 4th place since the Snatch Game, and because RuPaul opened up the voting right after DeLa’s elimination. I could be wrong – people could vote based on who is actually the nicest instead of who is the most popular. (And I do think DeLa is nice, but it’s not her trademark the way it is for Joslyn.)
In the hashtag race, #teambianca is beating #teamadore by a narrow margin. And Courtney Act is not really in the running. The pink bar shows their rankings after episode 12. The fervor appears to be dying down after Episode 13, although I did not run these numbers until Sunday, May 18th. Perhaps people know that Ru has made his decision and their voting has less of an impact.
I was curious to see how this episode would impact queens’ twitter numbers since Ru reminisced about long lost friends such as ViVacious and Kelly Mantle. If you have been reading my blog (Thanks, Chad Michael) then you know that an elimination gives a queen a small spike in Twitter followers and then her growth rate decreases after subsequent episodes, likely due to less screen time. Digging deeper into the numbers, you will see that this episode does not do much to rekindle our love for past contenders. Each queen’s relative increase in followers is paltry compared to other episodes.
The rankings have held fairly steady since episode 9, but there was one change in the rankings after this episode. April Carrion and Gia Gunn are no longer tied for 8th place. April holds 8th place with 100 more followers than G-G-G-Gia.
Increase in Twitter Followers (#)
- Bianca (4,300) and Adore (3,800) got the most new followers. Courtney Act is doing well (2,200), but is not in the same league as the other two finalists.
- BenDeLaCreme (1,200), Joslyn Fox (1,000) and Milk (900) are still seeing good growth.
- The rest of the queens are seeing less than 600 new followers.
- Laganja has gained the fewest followers this episode (149). I predict that she will have a cult following within a couple of years. That prediction has nothing to do with numbers. Just a gut feeling that Mama Alyssa Edwards will give her some publicity guidance.
Increase in Twitter Followers (%)
- Bianca del Rio (9%), Adore Delano (8%) and Joslyn Fox (7%) have the highest relative increase in Twitter followers this episode. Normally a 9% increase is fairly unimpressive, but there was nothing new in this episode and a chance of conversion is unlikely.
- Laganja saw the smallest relative increase in followers (2%).
- Kelly Mantle and Magnolia Crawford, the first queens to be eliminated, increased followers by 3%.