It’s episode 2 and we are warming up to our new set of queens! I’m pretty excited that Ginger Minj won this one, and her social media following showed a strong increase on all three platforms. I asked for more screen time with her lovely face, and my fairy godmother (Ru) granted my wish!
Normally, I see an extra spike in followers for an eliminated queen immediately after her final episode. While I was too late to track it, I think Tempest got a lot of followers on her social media channels after her elimination. I love this phenomenon. The community gives a little nudge of support on her farewell. However, Sasha didn’t get that usual spike. I’m afraid she’s going to see the same flat performance that Magnolia Crawford saw last year.
At this point in time, the percent increase means more than the total numbers. Last year, Adore Delano saw high relative increases until she was practically on par with Courtney Act’s numbers. Bianca almost always had a 20%+ increase.
What else do you notice? Add your thoughts in the comments section.
I misspelled Jaidynn’s name on my graphs this week. Forgive me, Jaidynn! I would correct it, but I gotta publish this post and make guacamole today.
- Jaidynn and Mrs. Kasha have gone up in ranking. Jaidynn moved from 12 to 11, Mrs. Kasha moved from 13 to 12.
- It looks like Jasmine Masters recently lifted the privacy settings on her Twitter page. She also had a pretty stellar lip sync performance this week. However, she went down in ranking from #12 to #13. Her ranking may be due to her shady Untucked behavior.
- Ginger Minj saw a 28% increase in followers due to her win on episode 2!
- Pearl had a 26% increase in followers. The exchange between Ginger and Pearl on Untucked was pretty adorable. (Don’t form an alliance, don’t form an alliance. Okay, maybe you should. You two are kinda cute together.)
- Katya got an 18% increase. Lip synching for her life likely helped her get noticed.
- Miss Fame now has 100,000 followers on Instagram (+3,700)! We got a nice sob story from her. Well played, Miss Fame. Hook ’em in before you get eliminated.
- Pearl got 11,000 new followers on Instagram! WHAT?! Is this because he is the hottest boy on the show? (Gay boys, please educate this lesbian!)
- Violet Chachki saw a 24% increase in followers, and Pearl saw a 23% increase. What’s my brilliant theory? That people like following pretty girls on Instagram. I’m a genius!
- Kasha and Sasha swapped Instagram rankings this week. Mrs. Kasha moved up to #12, and Sasha moved down from #13.
First of all, don’t trust these numbers. Facebook is a little confusing, because some queens have friends and followers. I think I tracked friends on Katya and Ginger Minj after episode 1. Numbers should be more accurate from this point on.
- Miss Fame, Violet and Pearl lead the pack.
- Tempest, Trixie, Katya, Max, and Jasmine have more than 10,000 followers.
- Tempest had a very small increase in followers this week (3%), characteristic of an already eliminated queen.
- If my numbers are correct, Katya had a 211% increase in followers and Ginger Minj had a 58% increase. However, I think these numbers are wrong.