Hello, Squirrel Friends! It’s episode 3, and almost all the queens have developed a story arc, with the exception of Jaidynn and Katya. A lot of screen time was devoted to Max (winner!), Kennedy, Jasmine, and Violet. Max and Violet benefited from the screen time, but Kennedy and Jasmine didn’t fare so well in the social media race.
Max got a great edit this week, and social media reflects that fact. At first, the fake British accent annoyed me, but this week I saw talent, style and congeniality. She is winning me over.
What’s really interesting this week are Pearl’s numbers. She now holds the #1 spot on Twitter, saw a strong relative increase on Facebook (12%) and gained 10,000 new followers on Twitter (16%). While her performance sucked, it sucked in a crush-worthy, authentic, stoner kid kinda way. “Someone bring me a puppy. I want to die.” Can I get an amen?
Katya is doing well, but her story arc has still not been well developed. We know she’s got good style (oh, Baberaham!), her private interviews are dramatic and cute, and she keeps a low profile during Untucked. In Season 5, we didn’t get much Jinkx until the Coco-Alyssa debacle died down. I’m excited to see what happens with Katya now that Jasmine can’t make as much noise.
What other trends do you notice?
- Pearl has bypassed Miss Fame this week, and now holds the #1 spot on Twitter. She gained 2,300 followers this week, a 16% increase in followers.
- Max saw the largest relative increase, with 23% more followers (1,699 new adds).
- Ginger Minj continues to show strong growth, at 19% (1,305 new followers). As Eric Rezsnyak notes in his Episode 3 recap, she is getting the winner’s edit.
- Kennedy Davenport and Jasmine Masters have swapped spots #13 and #14. Jasmine is now on the bottom. More camera time does not always mean more followers.
- Tempest is still in position number 8, but is now showing 8% increase in followers. She is doing better than Sasha and Jasmine, and I have noticed Redditors wish she could have stuck around longer.
- Miss Fame still leads the pack by a landslide, with 32K+ followers. However, she only has a 2% increase in fans.
- Next in line is Violet Chachki, with 20K followers. Do we love to hate her? Do we love to look at her? Or is it just because she is, actually, kinda talented?
- Trixie Mattel and Max went up in ranking. Trixie moved from #5 to #4, and Max moved from #7 to #5.
- Tempest went down in ranking, from #4 to #7.
- Max and Pearl saw the same relative increase in followers: 12%. However, Pearl has twice as many new fans (2,037 vs 1,260)
- Similar to Miss Fame, Tempest and Sasha Belle also have a 2% increase in followers.
- Kandy (Who?) Ho has a 1% increase in followers.
- Miss Fame keeps movin’ up in the world. She gained 4,000 followers this week, for a total of 104,000 Instagram fans. With hashtags like #RollsRoyceofDrag and #beyondthisplanetbeautiful, how could she NOT have tons of followers? (Which kind of “gag” would you use?)
- Pearl is gaining on Miss Fame. She gained 10K new followers this week (16%), for a total of 71K followers.
- In slot #3, Violet Chachki gained 5,400 new followers, for a total of 47,800.
- Max and Ginger Minj saw a 15% increase in followers, and Katya saw a 14% increase.