I love how episode 12’s elimination was completely unrelated to the challenge. They ran the queens through the motions of making Ru’s music video, and then did the elimination right after reviewing their overall performance throughout the season.
Kennedy got a fairly good elimination spike, more on Instagram and Facebook than on Twitter. Her story arc was just peaking, and she was sent home on a positive note. Hugs, girl.
It was DragCon week! (Who’s jealous? Me.) I looked at the number of followers on Monday morning, and again on Wednesday night. Both the DragCon increase and episode 12 increase were calculated relative to episode 11. (Episode 12 was not calculated relative to DragCon.)
DragCon: Katya won. She gained the most followers on all three channels by Monday morning. Irregardlessly, she has been eliminated. Miss Congeniality tends to be ranked #4 to #7, and similar to DeLa, Katya’s popularity and recent elimination will likely win her the congenial sash.
Episode 12: Pearl won Twitter. Violet won Facebook. Katya won Instagram.
#TeamX: Hashtag voting is in full force. Pearl is killing it, with 26,800 mentions this week, compared to Violet’s 19,500 and Ginger’s 12,500.
Wins and Bottom 2s: I created a scoring system for their performance in the challenges. Violet has the highest score, with a pattern similar to that of Bianca and Sharon. Pearl’s pattern looks more like Adore’s, but has scored lower than every other queen. Ginger’s pattern looks most like Alexis Mateo’s, with lots of highs and bottom 2 positions. Charts at the end of this post.
What does it all mean?!?! I’m still predicting Violet will take the crown. She scores high on performance in the challenges, and is the second most popular of the top 3. And you know… porn.
Katya will be the Alaska of season 7. People will pay top dollar to see her shows and hear her commentary.
- Katya gained the most new followers during DragCon (2,000), followed by Pearl and Violet (1,300 each).
- Pearl gained the most new followers by episode 12 (4,900), followed by Katya (4,700) and Violet (3,900). As stated above, these numbers are relative to episode 11, not relative to DragCon.
- Ginger Minj gained 500 followers after DragCon, and 2,200 followers after episode 12. She has moved up to 6th place, breaking out of her 7th place rut.
- Kennedy had a small elimination spike, with 892 new followers. She gained 796 after episode 11, but prior to that, was only gaining about 400-500 followers per week. Kennedy tends to re-tweet a lot, adding a lot of clutter to a news feed.
- Pearl, Katya, and Violet still show the most growth over the course of the season. Pearl: 39.5K; Katya: 29.6K; Violet: 22.8K.
- Katya gained the most new followers after DragCon (1,687) followed by Violet (1,241) and Pearl (1,058).
- Violet has gained the most new followers after episode 12 (3,594) followed by Pearl (3,388).
- Ginger gained 667 followers after DragCon, and 2,572 after episode 12.
- Kennedy got a bit of an elimination spike this week. She gained 717 (9%) new fans, compared to her usual 200-400.
- Pearl leads in seasonal growth (35K), compared to Katya’s 32K, and Violet’s 22K.
- Pearl leads Instagram with 184,000 followers, having gained 112,000 over the course of the season.
- Miss Fame still holds second place on Instagram (159,000), with Violet in third place (132,000).
- Katya gained the most new followers on Instagram, both after DragCon (13,600) and Episode 12 (22,600). She is now in 4th place with 109,000 followers.
- Pearl (22,000) gained more followers than Violet (19,000).
- Kennedy saw a nice elimination spike on Instagram. She gained 2,200 new followers (14%) compared to her usual 800. She is now in 11th place, beating out Tempest DuJour.
- Ginger Minj gained 8,100 new followers, compared to her usual 3,000.
- There is a 100-fold increase in voting this week. Last week, Pearl had 381 mentions over the course of a week. This week, she has 26,800 mentions.
- Pearl is in first place: 26,800 mentions this week
- Violet is in second place: 19,500 mentions this week
- Ginger is in third place: 12,500 mentions this week
Performance in the Challenges
Desperate to have some sort of scoring system that reflects Ru’s decisions, I used jhennauchan’s Wins vs. Placements charts and created a scoring system. Wins get a weight of 3. Highs get a weight of 1. Btm2s get a weight of 2. Here’s my formula:
Score = 3*Wins + 1*Highs – 2*#Btm2
I didn’t include lows and safes because Ru likes vulnerability, seeing improvement, etc. I’m sure there are some of you that have cracked this code. Weigh in on my scoring system, Nancy Drews!
- Violet has 3 wins, 1 high, and 0 bottom 2. Score = 10
- Ginger has 3 wins, 2 high, and 2 bottom 2. Score = 7
- Pearl has 2 wins, 0 highs, and 2 bottom. Score = 2