Hey you queer nerds! Time for a group hug. I’m excited to be tracking the queens on this season. They are fierce, lovable, and quirky. Let me know what else you would like to see on my blog this season. I always love your feedback and ideas. Okay, stop hugging. Let’s get down to business.
Kim Chi is killing it. Her confessionals, her runway look, her photo… she is what makes America great. And holy doughnut, she is already surpassing Miss Fame’s insane growth from Season 7. She has the most followers on both Instagram and Twitter.
Derrick owns the Facebook crowd. Isn’t she lucky, this Vegas girl? I’m curious to see how fast the front runners catch up.
Who are the front runners? Bob, Kim and Derrick are doing consistently well. They have lots of followers and are getting mostly positive screen time. Naomi, Thorgy, Acid, and Laila have a healthy fan following. Naomi and Thorgy’s edits skew positive, and Laila and Acid’s edits skew negative.
Cynthia and Chi Chi have not cultivated much of a social media following, and are consistently the bottom 2 for each site. WHYYYYYYYY? I love both of them and so should everybody else. The good news is that both of them are seeing high relative increases in followers.
All new! Editing! Since we talk about editing all the time…
…we might as well score it. My new best friend /u/gaynacular counted the number of confessionals for each queen and gave me permission to input their data into a mint green bar graph. This is a nice proxy for seeing how much attention each queen gets. Robbie’s score is on point, but is anyone else surprised that Naomi is a close second to Robbie? I mean, that boat was a big deal, but I just felt like I heard a lot more Robbie.
And then 385 of my new best friends on Reddit answered a poll about who got the most positive and negative screen time. I haven’t worked this into a formal scoring system, but we can point to the graphs and say, “See, Ru? You totally robbed Dax in episode 1.”
Bottom line, for those of you who don’t care about scoring systems
Bob and Kim Chi got the most positive screen time, and Chi Chi did favorably. Thorgy skewed positive. Robbie, Acid, Derrick and Laila got the most negative screen time. Dax, Cynthia and Naomi are hanging out in purgatory – with very few positive or negative votes. Even though Naomi had 8 confessionals, they must have come across as fairly neutral to the audience.
Poll Detail, for those of you who care
385 redditors answered the questions, “Who got the most positive screen time? (Pick 3.)” and “Who got the most negative screen time? (Pick 3.)” Since I’ll be posting this poll every week, I normalized the data by showing the percentage of people who voted for that queen. For example, 24% of voters said that Robbie got a negative edit, so his Negative Edit score is -24. Five percent said he got a positive edit, so his Positive Edit score is 5. His overall edit score is -19. (Stats geeks, feel free to message me about a proper way to handle this.)
- Kim Chi is still in the lead, now with 117K followers, having gained 31K (37%) new followers in the last week. She has TWICE as many followers as Bob and Derrick.
- Bob the Drag Queen and Derrick Barry are essentially tied for second place, with ~58K followers. Technically, Bob the Drag Queen jumped to spot #2, and Derrick moved down to #3. Derrick has the smallest relative increase in followers (12%).
- Naomi Smalls jumped from #5 to #4, with 39.5K followers (+11.8K, +43%).
- Acid Betty is moved from #4 to #5, with 37.3K followers (+8.9K, +31%).
- Chi Chi is the only queen with less than 10K followers, but increased her following by 52% (2.3K) this week. I imagine her following is going to explode in the next few weeks.
- Kim Chi has the most followers (16K), up by 4,600 (40%) this week.
- Beyonce is now ranked #2, having jumped past Britney (#3). She gained 3K more followers, compared to Britney’s 1.3K.
- Chi Chi saw the highest relative increase in followers (60%, +1.1K), perhaps because she was endorsed by BenDeLaCreme.
- When you look at the chart, all you see is Derrick’s 36K followers, and everyone else looks like piddly little ants hoping desperately for some crumbs.
- If you use a magnifying lens, you can see that Acid Betty has 15K (2nd place) and Kim Chi has 13K (3rd place).
- Naomi Smalls has a high increase in followers (+2.7K, 42%).
- Right now, Christopher Caldwell (Bob the Drag Queen) has more followers than Bob the Drag Queen, Entertainer. Christopher has 12.3K followers. Bob has 7K. I’ll start adding Bob’s numbers into the main chart when Bob beats Christopher.
- Robbie jumped from spot #10 to spot #8, beating out Thorgy and Dax. This just shows that screen time, even if it’s negative, gets you attention.
- Chi Chi got a 236% increase in followers (from 225 to 756).