I know you’re all drooling over Amy Sedaris. You should. Now go pick up a copy of Me Talk Pretty One Day , by David Sedaris, buy some Depends, and pee yourself. Better yet, get the audio book.
Oh my God who is going to win this thing? (and other first world problems)
With Kim Chi’s win this week, her challenge score (both the AnalRPDR and the Safe Sucks Score) is higher than Bob’s (10.5 vs. 9.5). Since she had to lip sync, Bob’s score went from 11 to 9.5 on the Safe Sucks Score, and Kim Chi’s went from 7 to 10.5 with her win. If Kim Chi gets eliminated this week, she will easily be Miss Congeniality and Bob will win. If Naomi or Chi Chi get eliminated, the competition for the crown will be stiffer and more exciting, especially since Kim is more popular than Bob. I’m predicting that both Kim and Bob stay this week.
If Bob gets eliminated… oh who are we kidding? Bob is going to win this thing. We got to see vulnerability this week, which checks off the last box.
At this point in time, Naomi has a higher score than Chi Chi (3.5 vs. 2.5), but both scores are still lower than Derrick’s (6) and Thorgy’s (4.5), and Chi Chi’s score is lower than Acid’s (3).
In terms of popularity, Naomi has more followers than Chi Chi. I looked at season growth this week, and Naomi consistently ranks 4th on all three social media channels (just behind Kim, Bob, and Thorgy).
Top three: Kim, Bob and Naomi.
If I didn’t have a job or a band (sponsored by iTunes) or a hot wife, I might sit around and figure out a ratio like Story line: Challenge Score, because Chi Chi’s is really freakin’ high. Don’t be fooled, people! She is not going to win this thing.
Miss Congeniality Poll
When I posed the question, “Who do you think Miss Congeniality will be?” I knew that devout followers would take into account who they think will be eliminated in episode 4. Assuming everyone spent that much time thinking before checking a random box, it looks like (a few) more people think Chi Chi will get sent home (41 votes), followed by Kim (24 votes), and last by Naomi (9 votes). Of course, this could also mean that people forgot about the episode 9 elimination and just clicked “Thorgy” and moved on.
Miss Congeniality is usually the most recent (nice) queen to be eliminated. Oh, who’s kidding? It’s a popularity contest. DeLa (not Darienne or Joslyn), Katya (not Kennedy or Trixie), and Ivy (not Alyssa, Coco, or Detox because Jesus, what a shit show). I wasn’t sure if the producers wanted Thorgy for Miss Congeniality given her latest edit, and that edit is the only thing that makes me think Naomi or Kim will be eliminated in episode 9.
When you look at social media following as a proxy for popularity, Thorgy has the third highest season growth on Instagram and Twitter, and second highest growth on Facebook. She is popular, and that sash is hers. Forty-one percent of poll respondents think it’s going to Thorgy, and the nerdy, obsessive hive-mind of (mostly) Redditors is usually right.
- Chi Chi beat out Laila McQueen this week, moving from spot #8 to spot #7. She gained 8.7K new followers, which is an 18% increase (the highest relative increase this week). As I have said in the past, relative increase means more at the beginning of the season than it does at the end of the season. Chi Chi’s season growth is in 5th place, having gained 50.8K new followers since episode 1.
- Kim Chi is still killing it, and still leading Bob by about 100K followers (102K to be exact). She gained 16K followers this week. She also has the highest season growth (152K).
- Bob the Drag Queen gained 12K followers, and has the 2nd highest season growth (108.2K).
- While my data (always taken on Wednesday night, Pacific Time) says that Thorgy is in third place and Naomi is in 4th place, Naomi is now (Sunday) beating Thorgy by about 4K followers.
- Naomi has gained 14K followers this week, the second highest gain this week. She has the 4th highest season growth (88.5K).
- Kim Chi has the most followers, and gained the most followers this week. She has 38.8K followers, with a gain of 3.5K new fans. She also had the highest season growth (+22.8K).
- Bob the Drag Queen is in second place, with 32.9K followers (6K under Kim Chi). She gained 3K followers this week, just behind Kim. She has the 2nd highest season growth (+21.1K).
- Thorgy is still in third place on Twitter, but she tied with Naomi today (Sunday) with 24.6K followers. Naomi will have more followers than Thorgy by episode 9.
- Naomi gained 2.8K new followers this week. When you look at her placement on the histogram, you can see her fast growth relative to the queens behind her. She has the 4th highest season growth, with 18.3K new followers since episode 1.
- Chi Chi is in 8th place on Twitter, but gained 14% new followers (+1.7K) this week. She gained more followers this week than in weeks past. She ranks 5th on season growth, with 10.7K new followers since episode 1.
- Derrick is winning Facebook. She probably will forever. Go, Derrick! She has not gotten an elimination spike, likely because she was past due for an elimination.
- Derrick has NOT gotten the highest season growth. In fact, she ranks 3rd on season growth, with 15.8K new followers since episode 1.
- Bob the Drag Queen is now in 2nd place, having surpassed Acid Betty this week. She gained 3.2K new followers, for a total of 27.9K. Bob has gained the most new followers since episode 1, with 21K new followers. This is pretty amazing, since she had a lot of followers on her Christopher Caldwell account, and essentially started from scratch with a new Bob account.
- Thorgy ranks 3rd on season growth, with 19K new followers since episode 1.
- Naomi Smalls is gaining on Acid Betty, and will be ranked third within the next couple of weeks. She ranks 4th in season growth, with 15.7K new followers since episode 1.
- Chi Chi moved from spot #12 to #11. She has the highest relative increase (21%, +1.4K). She ranks 7th on season growth, with 7.5K new followers.
Lord have mercy, if you didn’t know Derrick was getting sent home this week, you must really like Britney. Or, maybe you’ve endured so many episodes of Derrick being safe that you started to project a gray cloud over her face whenever she talked.
This week, I only let people vote for one queen instead of three. In terms of numbers, this made Kim stand out, and Chi Chi and Naomi fade into the distance a little.
- Kim was ranked as having the most positive edit. What a cutie. What a story line. David Sedaris swayed RuPaul’s vote. *heart melting*
- Bob the Drag Queen, despite being in the bottom two, ranked 2nd in positive score. She was so vulnerable you wanted to hug her! That corrugated dress was so cute, and what a splash of color!
- Naomi and Chi Chi were beautiful.