Q: What happens on social media when everyone disagrees with RuPaul’s decision?
A: Elimination Spike!
Last year, the Twitter rankings mostly lined up with the order of elimination. Magnolia Crawford, Kelly Mantle and Vivacious were at the bottom. Bianca, Adore, and Courtney were at the top. There was one glaring exception: Darienne, who was outranked by DeLa, Milk, and Joslyn. Because duh.
I mention this because DeLa had a nice (11%) elimination spike (2,400 new followers) when she was kicked off, which was a great relative increase for Season 6. Everyone was pissed at Ru and followed DeLa on Twitter to show support.
However, Trixie’s spike blows DeLa’s numbers out of the water, with a 33% increase in Twitter followers, the highest I have seen so far. (For comparison, the highest relative increase in followers for Season 6 was Bianca del Rio, who saw a 31% increase after the Queens of Comedy challenge.) She got the most new followers on Twitter, gained 25% more fans on Facebook, and 22% more on Instagram. More details below.
Pearl did incredibly well, too. She is still the #1 rank on Twitter, and #2 on Facebook and Instagram. Miss Fame still has the most fans on Facebook and Instagram, but Pearl is gaining on her quickly.
Jaidynn’s successes this week have helped her out in the social media race. She moved from #11 to #10 on Twitter, from #13 to #12 on Facebook, and from #11 to #10 on Instagram. I would love to see what would have happened if she had gotten as much screen time as Miss Fame, especially that part where she sewed that Bianca dress in 30 minutes. (Jesus, why does Miss Fame get so much attention?! Why am I giving it to her right now?)
Kennedy got some redemption this week with her win, and quite a few kudos on Twitter, but she remains in the bottom four on all three platforms. She got 552 new Twitter followers (12%), 335 new Facebook followers (5%), and 561 new followers on Instagram (6%).
- Trixie elimination spike: She got the most new followers on Twitter (4,100; 33%). She climbed from the #4 spot to #3, pushing Katya down a notch.
- Pearl still holds the top ranking. She gained 4,000 new followers (24%).
- Miss Fame holds spot #2, but has only gained 11% more followers.
- Katya and Max gained about 2,300 new followers each. Max saw a high relative increase (25%).
- Violet, Ginger Minj and Katya continue to show steady growth in the high teens (17% – 18%).
- Sasha dropped from #10 to #12, boosting the rankings for Jaidynn (#11 to #10) and Mrs. Kasha Davis (#12 to #11).
I don’t know what to think about Facebook. Twitter gives me crazy #justicefortrixie conversations, Instagram gives me pretty photo and video recaps, and Facebook algorithms hide anything interesting on Facebook. But here goes…
- Trixie Elimination Spike: On Facebook, she gained 2,890 new followers (25%), second in line to Pearl, who gained 4,465 Facebook followers (23%).
- Miss Fame leads the pack. Because she is such a good leader.
- Pearl and Violet switched places. Pearl is now #2, and Violet is now #3.
- Max gained 2,014 new followers (17%).
- Jaidynn Fierce and Mrs. Kasha Davis switched places. Jaidynn is now #12 and MKD is now #13.
- It’s just kind of weird that Katya and Miss Fame each gained 1,238 new followers. Cosmic tan mom connection.
- Trixie Elimination Spike: She gained 7,900 new followers (22%), but is still second in line to Pearl, who gained 12,000 new followers (17%).
- Miss Fame still ranks highest, with 25,000 more fans than Pearl. As a reminder, Miss Fame started out with 96,000 followers, which is a hard number to beat.
- Ginger Minj has the highest relative increase in followers (23%).
- Trixie, Katya, and Jaidynn all have 22% more followers this week.
- Ginger Minj and Kandy Ho have switched places. Ginger is now #7, and Kandy is #8.
- Jaidynn and MKD have switched places. Jaidynn is now #10, MKD is now #11.
Some of My Favorite Social Media Moments This Week
Elimination Spike Sisters:
Pearl being humble and supportive:
Miss Fame feeling embarrassed about her behavior: